Reasons for Exemption
The project consists of a fully developed parcel and no resources will be affected, see Appendix A for Initial Study checklist. The project consists of the new construction of a 600 square foot office building. The building does not exceed 2500 square feet in floor area, is located in an urban area zoned for such use where all necessary public services and facilities are available, does not involve the use of significant amounts of hazardous materials, and the surrounding area is not environmentally sensitive. The project is therefore exempt from the provisions of CEQA. Section 15300.2-Exceptions Section 15300.2 of the CEQA Guidelines, Exceptions, provides conditions under which categorical exemptions are inapplicable. Review of the Project indicates that it will not violate any of the exceptions, as described in the following section.
1. The project will occur in certain specified sensitive environments or locations; The project is located on a fully developed commercial site along a major commercial corridor within unincorporated Sacramento County. The proposed office will be installed on the slab of a former commercial building that was demolished in 2017. The project would not impact sensitive environments.
2. Cumulative impacts will be considerable because successive projects of the same type will occur at the same place overtime. The installation of an office building and the utilization of the property for auto sales would not have any potentially significant environmental impacts. Successive projects of the same type and at the same place over time would not introduce a cumulative impact.
3. There is a reasonable possibility that the activity will have a significant effect on the environment due to unusual circumstances; There are no unusual circumstances that will have a significant effect on the environment.
4. The project may result in damage to scenic resources, including but not limited to trees, historic buildings, rock outcroppings, or similar resources within a highway officially designated as a scenic highway; The project is not located in the vicinity of a highway officially designated as a scenic highway or any scenic corridors. The project is located along an urban corridor. Therefore, the project will not result in damage to scenic resources or similar resources within a highway that is officially designated as a scenic highway.
5. The project is located on a site which is included on any list compiled pursuant to Section 65962.5 of the Government Code; or The Project site is not included on any list compiled pursuant to Section 65962.5 of the Government Code. Therefore, the Project will not have an impact related to being located on a hazardous waste site.
6. The project may cause a substantial adverse change in the significance of a historic resource. The project site does not contain known historical resources.