The project includes improvements to the Honcut School Water System that are required in order to replace aging infrastructure, comply with BCPHD requirements, and ensure a safe and reliable water supply for students and teachers. In addition to constructing a new well, improvements include the following items:
• Constructing a new concrete masonry well building to house the new well, with a separate room for chemical dosing equipment;
• Installing a 50-gallons-per-minute submersible well pump;
• Installing a day tank, pump, and appurtenances to dose the well water with sodium hypochlorite;
• Installing a 400-gallon hydropneumatic tank;
• Installing new piping and appurtenances to connect the new well to Classroom 3 and the irrigation system;
• Installing an automatic transfer switch and an electrical conduit to connect to a future generator;
• Installing fencing to protect the well building;
• Destroying the old well per Department of Water Resources requirements; and,
• Removing the building and all above-ground appurtenances associated with the old well.
Staging of materials and construction equipment would occur within school-owned parcels. Site preparation and grading would be required; however, no trees would be removed.