EMERGENCY PERMIT FOR TREATMENT OF HAZARDOUS WASTES, ALZA CORP., VACAVILLE, CALIFORNIA
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- EMERGENCY PERMIT FOR TREATMENT OF HAZARDOUS WASTES, ALZA CORP., VACAVILLE, CALIFORNIA
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Present Land Use
- Document Description
- The California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), pursuant to authority granted under California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Division 4.5, Chapter 20, Section 66270.61, has issued an Emergency Permit to ALZA Corp. (ALZA) (EPA ID# CAD982475964) to treat hazardous waste through a controlled reaction with a chemical solution. Specifically, including one 1-liter container of tetrahydrofuran, peroxide forming materials, must be stabilized prior to transport to a permitted treatment, storage, and disposal facility.
- Contact Information
Rebecca De Pont
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826
Phone : (916) 255-3638
Holly Renn, Senior Environmental Engineer, ALZA Corp.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec. 21080(b)(4); 15269(b)(c)
- Reasons for Exemption
- This action is necessary to prevent an emergency. Chemical stabilization of the chemical is necessary prior to transportation to a permitted treatment, storage, and disposal facility to prevent accidental fire and/or explosion during transport.
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.