Modifications to Telecommunications Facilities by AT&T Wireless at Centre City Embarcadero
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- San Diego Unified Port District
- Document Title
- Modifications to Telecommunications Facilities by AT&T Wireless at Centre City Embarcadero
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project would involve modifications to existing telecommunications facilities by AT&T Wireless (Applicant) in the City of San Diego, California. Work to specifically complete the proposed project would involve removal and replacement of eighteen (18) remote radio units (RRU) within a fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) enclosure, two (2) power plant cabinets, four (4) Purcell cabinets,· removal of two Purcell cabinets,· and installation of two retrofit kits, one (1) battery cabinet with twenty (20) battery modules, and ten (10) baseband modules within the Purcell cabinets to improve telecommunications service. Construction of the proposed project is anticipated to occur in Spring 2020 and would take approximately two weeks to complete. See NOD for full document description.
- Contact Information
San Diego Unified Port District Development Services Department
3165 Pacific Highway
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone : (619) 686-8112
- San Diego
- San Diego
- Cross Streets
- 1 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Existing Facilities (SG § 15301) (Class 1), Replacement or Reconstruction (SG § 15302) (Class 2)...
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project is determined to be Categorically Exempt pursuant to California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines Sections 15301 (Existing Facilities) and 15304 (Minor Alterations to Land), and Sections 3.a. and 3.d. of the District 's Guidelines for Compliance with CEQA because it consists of demolition of a groundwater monitoring well and would involve no expansion of use beyond that previously existing, would not result in a significant cumulative impact due to the continuation of the existing use, would result in no permanent effects on the environment, and would not involve the removal of mature, scenic trees. Sections 3.a. and 3.d. of the District 's CEQA Guidelines are as follows: See NOD for full details. See NOD for full details.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020040347_2019-183 Modifications to Telecommunications Facilities by AT&T Wireless at Centre City Embarcadero [NOE] PDF 1540 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.