Fuel Reduction Foster Truck Trail
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 5 - South Coast, San Diego (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5)
- Document Title
- Fuel Reduction Foster Truck Trail
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW)
- Document Description
- The purpose of this project is to reduce fire hazard/fuel load along the Foster Truck Trail Road (FTTR) and to reduce the fire hazard/fuel load in a specific area of the Reserve by removing non-native eucalyptus trees. This Reserve is on CalFire’s Fire Resource Assessment Program (FARP) maps as a “Very High Fire” Hazard Severity Zone. CalFire has brushed the roads in the past, but the roadway needs to be re-brushed. The eucalyptus grove is a large fuel source that is choking out native sage scrub. Removal of the grove will highly benefit the native habitat and wildlife in the area and reduce the fire hazard/fuel load.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife South Coast Region
3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (858) 627-3939
- Other Location Info
- The project site is located at the Foster Truck Trail Road within San Vicente Highlands Reserve CDFW land.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4; Section 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will consist of minor brush clearing of common brush species located in and along the roadside. The project will also consist of the removal of a small grove of non-native eucalyptus trees, but will avoid impacts to the understory vegetation.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020010294_NOE Truck Trail maintenance project 20200113 PDF 127 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.