Annexation and Sphere of Influence change for the geographic area formerly served by the Valencia Water Company
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency
- Document Title
- Annexation and Sphere of Influence change for the geographic area formerly served by the Valencia Water Company
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Los Angeles County LAFCO
- Document Description
- The activity involves a change in the Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency ("SCV Water") service boundary and sphere of influence due to the annexation of approximately 344 acres into the SCV Water service area. The area that is the subject of the Annexation and Sphere of Influence amendment is already developed and inhabited, and was previously served by the Valencia Water Company. This governmental reorganization effort is being undertaken pursuant to the conditions of approval that were previously imposed and approved by the Los Angeles County LAFCO. No changes or reasonably foreseeable changes in the types, intensity, and manner of service within the Annexation area are anticipated as a result of the approval.
- Contact Information
Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency
27234 Bouquet Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
Phone : (661) 705-7915
- Los Angeles
- Cross Streets
- The annexation/sphere of influence area is located within the County of Los Angeles.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- State CEQA Guidelines § 15320; Annexations of Existing Facilities and Lots for Exempt Facilities
- Reasons for Exemption
- See NOE for full details. SCV Water approved the above-described Annexation and Sphere of Influence amendment on December 17, 2019. SCV Water found that (1) the Annexation, together with the Sphere of Influence amendment, is not a "project" that is subject to CEQA as there is no potential that the Annexation and Sphere of Influence amendment will result in either a direct physical change to the environment or a reasonably foreseeable indirect change to the environment and because it is a governmental organizational or administrative activity that merely authorizes a boundary change, but will not result in any direct or indirect changes to the environment. (Public Resources Code § 21065; State CEQA Guidelines § 15378); (2) even if the Annexation and Sphere of Influence amendment is a "project" and subject to CEQA, it is exempt under State CEQA Guidelines section 15061 (b)(3)-Common Sense Exemption as "it can be seen with certainty that there is no possibility that the activity in question may have a significant effect on the environment" because there will be no reasonably foreseeable change in the types, intensity, and manner of service within the Annexation area as a result of any approval and because no construction or other physical alteration of the environment is proposed; and (3) even if the Annexation and Sphere of Influence amendment is a "project" and subject to CEQA, it is further exempt under the categorical "change in organization" exemption (State CEQA Guidelines § 15320), as the Annexation do not change the geographical area in which previously existing powers are exercised but is a mere boundary change to allow the continued provision of existing services.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019120476_NOE Executed - Stevenson Ranch Annexation PDF 3679 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.