K2 Pure Solutions - Chlorine Rail Transportation Curtailment

Summary

SCH Number
2019109049
Lead Agency
Pittsburg, City of (City of Pittsburg)
Document Title
K2 Pure Solutions - Chlorine Rail Transportation Curtailment
Document Type
NEG - Negative Declaration
Received
Project Applicant
K2 Pure Solutions
Present Land Use
Land Use Designation: Industrial and Zoning Designation: General Industrial

Document Description
K2 delivers gaseous chlorine to Corteva by pressurized pipeline, for Corteva to use on demand. When K2 is shut down for maintenance or repairs, Corteva uses liquid chlorine stored onsite in railcars received from a facility located in Texas. Today, roughly 99% of Corteva's chlorine demand on the site is supplied via a dedicated pipeline by K2. The other roughly 1 % of chlorine that Corteva uses when K2 is unable to supply due to planned or unplanned downtime is shipped via railcars from Texas to the Pittsburg facility. This proposed project would eliminate the transport of chlorine via railcar. The K2 proposed Chlorine Rail Transportation Curtailment Project includes: • Addition of a new chlorine loading facility; • Addition of approximately 700 ft of pipeline connecting the existing storage to the chlorine loading facility; • A dry air supply line for offloading the tank car; and • Addition of a vapor scrubber at proposed chlorine loading facility.

Contact Information
Hector Rojas
City of Pittsburg, Planning Department
65 Civic Avenue
Pittsburg, CA 94565

Phone : (925) 252-6941

Location

Coordinates
38°1'29.85"N 121°51'24.76"W
Cities
Pittsburg
Counties
Contra Costa
Cross Streets
901 Loveridge Road
Zip
94565
Total Acres
<0.25
Parcel #
073-220-039
State Highways
4
Railways
BNSF
Waterways
Suisun Bay at New York Slough
Township
2N
Range
1E
Section
15
Base
MtDiablo

Notice of Completion

Review Period Start
Review Period End
Development Type
Industrial (<1,000 Sq. Ft., <0.25 Acres, 0 Employees) Other (Chlorine loading, storage and on-site transport)
Local Action
Use Permit
Reviewing Agencies
California Air Resources Board California Coastal Commission California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3 California Department of Parks and Recreation California Department of Transportation, District 4 California Department of Water Resources California Energy Commission California Highway Patrol California Native American Heritage Commission California Natural Resources Agency California Public Utilities Commission California Regional Water Quality Control Board, San Francisco Bay Region 2 California State Lands Commission Department of Toxic Substances Control San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission

Attachments

Environmental Document
0   PDF 51 K 1   PDF 7726 K 2   PDF 610 K 3   PDF 3714 K
NOC
NOC   PDF 1543 K

Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at state.clearinghouse@opr.ca.gov or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.

Download CSV Download All Attachments New Search Print