Well Q2 Perchlorate Removal Facility
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency
- Document Title
- Well Q2 Perchlorate Removal Facility
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The activity re-installs a perchlorate removal facility very similar to that which existed at this wellsite between 2005 and 2007. This earlier system consisted of two USFilter HP1220HF ion exchange pressure vessels operating in a lead/lag configuration and a bag filter for prefiltration. The vessels were 12 feet in diameter, approximately 17 feet in height and each contained a selective resin designed for perchlorate removal. In 2007 the perchlorate removal facility was relocated from the wellsite to the adjacent Saugus Perchlorate Treatment Facility (SPTF) because the groundwater no longer required treatment. Subsequently, in 2016, the treatment system was relocated to a different wellsite requiring treatment (Well V201). See NOE for full details.
- Contact Information
Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency
27234 Bouquet Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
Phone : (661) 513-1281
- Los Angeles
- Other Location Info
- SCV Water's Well Q-2 is located on the north side of the Santa Clara River, just West of Bouquet Canyon Road at 26477 Bouquet Canyon Rd., Saugus, CA.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- State type and section number: See CEQA Guidelines Section 15301.
- Reasons for Exemption
- This proposed action qualifies for an exemption under Class 1 Existing Facilities because it is a minor alteration of an existing public facility and it concerns proposed new mechanical equipment involving negligible or no expansion of use, i.e. no additional extraction of water, beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. This proposed action also qualifies for an exemption under Class 3 New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures because the project construction is limited to construction within the existing footprint of the fenced facility. None of the exceptions listed in Section 15300.2 of the CEQA Guidelines would apply to the proposed action.
- Environmental Document
- 2019100098_Signed_Q2 Perchlorate Removal_Environmental Concurrence for CEQA Exempt Projects Form-OCR (a) PDF 1133 K
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019100098_Signed_NOE_ Well Q2 Perchlorate Removal Facility 2019-OCR PDF 810 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.