Calabazas Creek Geotechnical Exploration (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0228-R3)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 3 (Napa) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 3)
- Document Title
- Calabazas Creek Geotechnical Exploration (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0228-R3)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Santa Clara Valley Water District (Valley Water)
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0228-R3, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Ngoc Nguyen/Santa Clara Valley Water District (Valley Water). The purpose of the project is to evaluate soil and substrate conditions for future bank repair activities. The project includes seven auger borings along the top of bank of Calabazas Creek and four cone penetration tests (CPT) within the channel bed, that will penetrate at an approximate depth of 40 feet.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Bay Delta Region
2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 95434
Phone : (707) 428-2067
- Santa Clara
- Other Location Info
- The project is located on Calabazas Creek in the City of Cupertino, County of Santa Clara, State of California.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type - Class 6; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15306
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 6 consists of basic data collection, research, experimental management, and resource evaluation activities which do not result in a serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource. These may be strictly for information gathering purposes, or as part of a study leading to an action which a public agency has not yet approved, adopted, or funded. None of the conditions noted under CEQA 15300.2 apply.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019090190 PDF 328 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.