Cont.: and Kern County Water Agency for the Rosedale-Rio Bravo Water Storage District/Irvine Ranch Water District Water Banking and Exchange Program (SWPAO#1700
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Cont.: and Kern County Water Agency for the Rosedale-Rio Bravo Water Storage District/Irvine Ranch Water District Water Banking and Exchange Program (SWPAO#1700
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- DWR, MWDSC, and Santa Barbara County Flood Control and Water Conservation District have entered into an unbalanced water exchange agreement. SWPAO #17001 allows an exchange of up to 1,000 af of Santa Barbara's approved 2017 SWP Table A water with MWDSC and for the return of a portion of MWDSC's future approved SWP Table A water to Santa Barbara equal to one-half of the total amount delivered to MWDSC, less 15 % losses. At MWDSC's request, the water received from Santa Barbara will be delivered to Strand Ranch for storage and future return to MWDSC's service area, rather than directly from the Delta MWDSC's service area. Under SWPAO #17002, DWR will deliver MWDSC's SWP water acquired from Santa Barbara via SWPAO #17001 to KCWA's turnouts in Reach 12E of the California Aqueduct for storage in Strand Ranch and future return to MWDSC.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
- Los Angeles Orange Riverside San Bernardino Ventura
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. The proposed project is a water management operation using only existing facilities for the exchange of water from one SWP contractor to another SWP contractor. b. The limited term exchange will not support new development or a change in land use c. The exchange is entirely within the SWP place of use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.