Bear Valley Parkway Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Escondido, City of (City of Escondido)
- Document Title
- Bear Valley Parkway Project
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Project Applicant
- Spieth-Wohlford Inc.
- Document Description
- CDFW is intending to execute a Streambed Alteration Agreement pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code (#1600-2019-0104-R5) to the project applicant, Spieth-Wohlford Inc. Project activities include grading and filling 0.032 acre of unvegetated stream channel to facilitate construction of a residential development, and removal of 0.72 acre of riparian habitat occurring outside the ordinary high water mark of the stream, resulting primarily from road improvements to Bear Valley Parkway but with a small amount due to grading for the residential development. The project also includes grading to achieve appropriate elevations for establishment of 0.67 acre of southern coast live oak habitat, grading to establish 0.04 acre unvegetated stream channel, and removal of non-native riparian trees and other vegetation to accomplish 1.34 acres of riparian habitat enhancement.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (858) 636-3160
- San Diego
- Other Location Info
- The project is located within the bed, channel, and bank of unnamed tributaries to Kit Carson Creek where they run through the project site located at 661 Bear Valley Parkway, in the City of Escondido, County of San Diego, State of California.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- This is to certify that the final EIR with comments, responses, and record of project approval is available to the General Public at the office location listed above for the Lead Agency. CDFW's record of decision is available at the CDFW office above.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2016111060 PDF 122 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.