Shepp Water Diversion and Stream Crossings Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No.
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Humboldt County
- Document Title
- Shepp Water Diversion and Stream Crossings Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No.
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- The project is limited to seven (7) encroachments.Three (3) encroachments are for water diversion from an unnamed tributaries to Eubank Creek and Mattole River. Water is diverted for domestic use and irrigation. Work for the water diversion will include modifications to existing water diversion infrastructure to minimize impacts to fish and wildlife, including a water diversion infrastructure plan, water management plan, and seasonal diversion minimization and forbearance. The four (4) other proposed encroachments are to upgrade undersized or failing culverts or other stream crossings. Work for these encroachments will include excavation, removal of the existing culverts, replacement with new properly sized culverts, backfilling and compaction of fill, and rock armoring as necessary to minimize erosion.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
619 Second St
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5901
Kenneth Shepp Jr.
- Northern California
- Other Location Info
- The project to be completed is located within the Mattole River watershed, approximately 8.5 miles west of the town of Redway, County of Humboldt, State of California. The project is located in Sections 19 & 20, T 04S, R 02E, Humboldt Base and Meridian; in the Briceland U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle; Assessor’s Parcel Nos: 220-072-001, 220-071-004, 220-071-005; latitude/longitude: 40.1008, - 123.9864 at one of the points of diversion (POD).
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- Humboldt County Dept. of Planning and Building 3015 H Street Eureka, CA 95501
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- R__ALL_HABCON_LSA_AGREEMENT FILES_1600 2017_1600-2017-0854-R1_HUM_MJ Shepp_Water Diversions and Stream Crossings_1600_2017-0854-R1_HUM_MJ_Shepp_Water Diversions and Stream Crossings_NOD PDF 118 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.