Cameron Water Diversion and Stream Crossings Project 1 Encroachment (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0707-R1 , reference APN 033-271-013..
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Humboldt County
- Document Title
- Cameron Water Diversion and Stream Crossings Project 1 Encroachment (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0707-R1 , reference APN 033-271-013..
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- A previous draft LSAA was submitted for the same point of diversion but was withdrawn on January 3, 2018 and never executed. A desk review was conducted to provide this Agreement. A site inspection may be warranted to determine compliance with the terms of this Agreement.The project is limited to 1 encroachment. One encroachment is for water diversion from an unnamed tributary to South Fork Eel River. Water is diverted for domestic use. Work for the water diversion will include use and maintenance of the water diversion infrastructure. The Notification also discloses a well located off parcel at Lat/Long 40.0056, -123.7894 APN: 033-27 -019 which is used to irrigate cultivation areas for 2 parcels former and notified APN 033-271-021. Parcel APN 033-271-019 was not evaluated fully for CDFG Code 1600 projects and is not covered under this Agreement. This well is presented as the sole source for agricultural purposes for subject property APN 033-271-019 and 033-271-021. CDFW did not evaluate hydraulic connection of the well to surface water, nor was a hydrogeologic · evaluation prepared by a licensed geologist provided for CDFW review. This Agreement does not retroactively permit any stream crossings, water diversions or other encroachments not described here. One project, a stream crossing located on APN 033-271-013, subject to FGC section 1602, was disclosed in picture 6 within Addendum 10 of the notification. It depicts a culvert with a rocked fill slope downstream of the point of diversion on adjacent APN 033-271-013. The road and crossing provide access to the point of diversion described within this Agreement, but the crossing and APN 033-271-013 were not fully included for evaluation for projects and are not covered under this Agreement. This appears to be an existing stream crossing with a culvert of unknown size on APN 033-271-013 on Milkyway Loop. This Agreement does not authorize any maintenance, reconstruction or replacement of the crossing. Any work required will require Amendment or separate Notification
- Contact Information
Christine Hahn Vertical
Department of Fish and Wildlife Northern Region
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5902
- 40°0'20.2"N 123°47'21.8"W
- Parcel #
- 033-271-013 and 033-271-019
- Other Location Info
- The project to be completed is located within the Eel River watershed, approximately .25 miles North of the town of Cooks Valley, County of Humboldt, State of California.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- Available to the general public at the office location listed above for the Lead Agency. CDFW's record related to the Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement is available to thee public for review at CDFW's regional office.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2015102005_1600-2019-0707-R1_HUM_MJ Cameron Water Diversion_NOD PDF 763 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.