Benemann Water Diversion Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0350-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Humboldt County
- Document Title
- Benemann Water Diversion Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0350-R1)
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- The project is limited to two (2) encroachments (Table 1 ). One encroachment is for water diversion from an unnamed tributary to Clear Creek. Work for the water diversion will include use and maintenance of the water diversion infrastructure, and seasonal restrictions on allowable amounts of water diversion. The other encroachment is for water diversion from a shallow, hydrologically connected water well that is located within the Mattole River floodplain. This existing well shall be maintained, and water will be extracted for domestic use. See NOD for full details.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Northern Region
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5901
- Parcel #
- 105-111-016 and POD-1 is located on 104-171-004.
- Other Location Info
- The project to be completed is located within the Mattole River watershed, approximately 1.3 miles southeast of the town of Petrolia, County of Humboldt, State of California.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- Available to the general public at the office location listed above for the Lead Agency. CDFW's record related to the Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement available to the public for review at CDFW's regional office.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2015102005_1600-2018-0350-R1_HUM_MJ_Benemann Clear Creek Farms Water Diversion Wells_NOD PDF 754 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.