Paulson Pond Decommission and Stream Crossings (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0194-R1 ).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Humboldt County
- Document Title
- Paulson Pond Decommission and Stream Crossings (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0194-R1 ).
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Project Applicant
- County of Humboldt
- Document Description
- The project is limited to five encroachments. The five proposed encroachments include 4 upgrades of failing and undersized culverts and the decommission of an instream pond. Work for these encroachments will include excavation, removal of the failing culverts, replacement with new properly sized culverts, backfilling and compaction of fill, and rock armoring as necessary to minimize erosion and decommissioning of an onstream pond through a stream restoration plan. The Notification also discloses the use of a well located at Lat/Long 40.5118, -123.5870. This well is presented as the sole source of water for all needs on the property. CDFW did not evaluate hydraulic connection of the wells to surface water, nor was a hydrogeologic evaluation prepared by a licensed geologist provided for CDFW review. Described features disclosed within the notification, but are not covered under this Agreement are Pond 2 and a dry well . This Agreement does not retroactively permit any stream crossings, water diversions or other encroachments not described in here. Pond 2 appears hydrologically connected by receiving waters from the wetland it is contained within and may be subject to FGC section 1602 but was not identified as a project and is not covered under this Agreement.
- Contact Information
Christine Hahn Vertical
Department of Fish and Wildlife
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-2091
- Other Location Info
- The project to be completed is located within the Mad-Redwood River watershed, approximately 11 .2 miles NE of the town of Bridgeville, County of Humboldt, State of California. The project is located in Section 35, T02N, R05E, Humboldt Base and Meridian; in the Blake Mountain U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle; Assessor's Parcel Number 208-231 -014; latitude 40.5113 N and longitude -123.5859 W at the point of diversion (POD).
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- The mitigated negative declaration prepared for the project is available to the general public at the office location listed above for the Lead Agency. CDFWs record related to the Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement is available to the public for review at CDFWs regional office.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2015102005_1600-2019-0194-R1_HUM_MJ_Paulsen stream crossings and pond_NOD PDF 698 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.