Revisions to Kern County Zoning Ordinance - 2015 (C), Focus on Oil and Gas Local Permitting Aera Energy LLC Block 12 Development Project (California Endangered
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Kern County
- Document Title
- Revisions to Kern County Zoning Ordinance - 2015 (C), Focus on Oil and Gas Local Permitting Aera Energy LLC Block 12 Development Project (California Endangered
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Present Land Use
- Developed and Undeveloped land in Kern County. Current Zoning Classifications and General Plan Map Code Designations to remain the same.
- Document Description
- The originally approved project consists of an amendment to Title 19 Kern County Zoning Ordinance, with focus on Ch. 19.98, to include new site development standards for all oil and gas exploration, extraction, operations, and production activities in unincorporated Kern County. CDFW as the responsible agency, will be issuing an ITP for the project activity, which consists of the following: Aera Energy LLC will be engaged in activities to expand an oil well development block with the construction, operations, and maintenance, and eventually plugging and abandonment of approximately 131 new wells and associated infrastructure within an approx. 387-acre development envelope over 35 years. The project will result in permanent impacts to 46 acres and temporary impacts to 9 acres of giant kangaroo rat. San Joaquin antelope squirrel and San Joaquin kit fox. The project is expected to result in incidental take or giant kangaroo rat which is designated as an endangered species under the California Endangered Species Act, San Joaquin antelope squirrel and San Joaquin kit fox which are designated as a threatened species under the CESA. The ITP referenced as issued by CDFW authorizes incidental take of species listed under CESA that may occur as a result of project inplementation.
- Contact Information
CDFW, Central Region 4
1234 East Shaw Ave.
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-4014
- Bakersfield Taft
- Cross Streets
- Lost Hills Rd., Delfen Rd.
- State Highways
- SR 33
- Other Information
- sections 7, 10, 12; north of McKittrick
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- 1234 East Shaw Ave., Fresno, CA 93710
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.