American River Watershed Common Features – Sacramento River East Levee Contract 3 and Contract 4: Geotechnical Soil Sampling
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Document Title
- American River Watershed Common Features – Sacramento River East Levee Contract 3 and Contract 4: Geotechnical Soil Sampling
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), along with its non-Federal sponsors, the Central Valley Flood Protection Board (CVFPB) and Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency (SAFCA), are conducting sonic drilling and hand augering activities along the Sacramento River for the purpose of soil characterization and characterizing soil for potential presence of contamination, to inform project design for the Sacramento River East Levee Contract 3 and Contract 4 Projects.
- Contact Information
Kalia Schuster of the Department of Water Resources
Central Valley Flood Protection Board
3310 El Camino Avenue, Suite 170
Sacramento, CA 95821
Phone : (916) 574-1429
- Northern California
- Other Location Info
- The sonic drilling explorations will occur in various locations along the left bank (East side) of the Sacramento River between locational boundaries of Clarksburg (located across from the geotechnical soil sampling activities) and the confluence of the Sacramento and American Rivers in Sacramento County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sections 15304 (Minor Alteration of Land); 15306 (Information Collection)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed action is exempt as it includes only minor alterations of land, and data collected will be used to support the Sacramento River East Levee Contract 3 and Contract 4 Projects' planning and engineering design (14 CCR§15304, 14 CCR§15306). The data collection will not result in any significant impacts to environmental resources. Please note, the signed NOE is not attached. If you would like to request a signed copy of the NOE, please contact Board Staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2021 PDF 181 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.