American River Watershed Common Features (ARCF) 2016 American River North Reach I, Magpie Creek Exploratory Surveys
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Document Title
- American River Watershed Common Features (ARCF) 2016 American River North Reach I, Magpie Creek Exploratory Surveys
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed action will include soil borings using direct-push drilling and hand auger methods up to 12 feet below ground surface (bgs), as well as surface water and soil surface sampling 0-12 inches bgs. Approximately seven soil borings will be conducted to total depths up to 12 feet bgs, with two duplicate samples collected from adjacent depths. Surface water samples will be collected from the northern part of the site across from Vinci Avenue and the southern part of the site across from Raley Boulevard, and four composite surface soil samples will be collected from two stockpiles on site. Approximately six surface soil samples, with two duplicate samples each from adjacent borings will be collected from hand auger borings. Prior to investigation, the site will be marked for public and private utilities.
- Contact Information
Central Valley Flood Protection Board
3310 El Camino Avenue, Suite 170
Sacramento, CA 95821
Phone : (916) 574-1429
- Other Location Info
- The proposed borings and samples will occur along the right-facing side of Magpie Creek between Raley Boulevard and Vinci Avenue, located in the City of Sacramento, in Sacramento County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sections 15304 (Minor Alteration of Land) and 15306 (Information Collection)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed action is exempt as it includes only minor alterations of land, and data collected will be used to support ARCF 2016 – American River North Reach I, Magpie Creek Exploratory Surveys planning and engineering design (14 CCR § 15304, 14 CCR § 15306). The subsurface data collection will not result in any significant impacts to environmental resources. All holes will be backfilled and restored to pre-boring conditions. Please note, the signed NOE is not attached. If you would like to request a signed copy of the NOE, please contact Kalia Schuster at Kalia.Schuster@water.ca.gov.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2021 PDF 179 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.