SCH Number 2021070405
- AMI Meter Procurement and Meter Exchange Services Project (No. 200222)
- The IID has approximately 159,000 active meters of which about 75% have been replaced with Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Itron meters by the district’s customer field services personnel. The remaining 25% of meters to be exchanged are split by 22% automatic meter reading and 3% are solid state or electric mechanical meters. The scope of work includes the procurement and deployment of approximately 32,500 AMI Itron meters to achieve a 100% AMI active meters on the District’s service territory (throughout Imperial and Coachella Valleys). This will enable the District to implement Time of Use rates to encourage energy conservation during those peaking hours when energy prices are souring and energy supply is limited on the grid. It will also automate the emergency load reduction program and some demand side management programs as well as in the future be used by the System Operations System to automate load requirements on IID system at different times. IID’s goal is to utilize a complete and fully automated process in collecting metering interval load data from all of its customers for load studies and forecasting, rate design, outage management and other related functions through a Meter Data Management system.
2 documents in project