SCH Number 2015062028
- Power Plant Final Site Restoration Project
- PG&E operated the HBPP between 1956 and 2010 at a 74.9 acre property in Humboldt County, CA. The power plant consisted of two steam generating units (Units 1 and 2) and a boiling water nuclear reactor (Unit 3). The two steam generating units began operation in 1956 and 1976. In 2010, the Humboldt Bay Generating Station (HBGS), located on the same property, came on line to replace the former generation capacity of Units, 1, 2, and 3. PG&E is decommissioning the HBPP and will request termination of their Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) license to own and operate a nuclear reactor. PG&E has prepared a plan for restoration of areas on the HBPP site where units 1, 2, and 3 associated buildings, storage facilities, and appurtenant structures once stood. These areas will be restored to repurpose the former HBPP area to support the independent spent fuel storage installation (ISFSI), HBGS and future power generation-related activities on the property. PG&E intends to implement the Final Site Restoration plan, which will involve construction in the jurisidiction of the HBHRCD.
2 documents in project