The County of Riverside Transportation Department is proposing to install a traffic signal at the intersection of Grand Avenue and Sangston Drive in the Lakeland Village area of Riverside County. Grand Avenue is a 2-lane minor arterial that travels in the South-East to North-West direction. Existing pavement width on Grand Ave is approximately 62-68’ wide with 12’and 26’ through lanes, curb and gutter on the west side and a 6’ graded shoulder on the east side. Sangston Drive is a 2-lane local road that travels in the South-West to North-East direction. Existing pavement width is approximately 38’ wide with 12’ through lanes and 2’ paved shoulders. The project limits are 300 feet north and south on Grand Avenue and 300 feet west on Sangston Drive of the intersection of Grand Ave and Sangston Dr.
The proposed project will also include:
• Utility adjustments if needed
• Trimming of trees
• Signing/striping modifications, and installing traffic signal poles
• Removing existing pavement
• Excavating slope and subgrade, saw-cutting, grading, and curb ramps
• Signal mast arms, cabinets, conduits, pull-boxes, and other traffic signal