California Department of Fish and Wildlife, North Central Region 2
Tahoe Keys Cove 3C Bulkhead Repair (Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement EPIMS Notification No. ELD-38612-R2)
NOE - Notice of Exemption
The project consists of repairing 909 linear feet of failing sheet pile bulkhead stabilizing the residential condominium development at 439 Ala Wai Blvd. within the Tahoe Keys and is limited to the following activities:
1) Temporary relocation of floating docks tethered to the existing bulkheads.
2) Temporary removal of anchor poles for the floating docks as necessary to gain barge access.
3) Using a barge mounted crane with a vibratory hammer attachment, new sheet pilings will be driven into the lakebed immediately adjacent to (lakeward) the existing sheet pile bulkhead.
4) All spaces between the existing and the new sheet pile walls will be filled from the landward side of the bulkhead with clean washed drain rock.
5) Redriving of all floating dock anchor poles and reattachment of all floating docks at their original locations.
All work except for the placement of drain rock between the two sheet pile walls will be conducted from the water side of the project using barge mounted equip