The Twin Peaks Promenade Improvement Project will convert a closed roadway into a linear park and tail to serve the General Public and promote a large range of recreation. The scope includes:
1. Conversion of 1/3 to 1/2 of the roadway (approximately 10,000-20,000 square feet) from paved asphalt to permeable compacted aggregate paving
2. Removal of all or most of the concrete barrier and small section of existing metal guardrail along the western side of the pavement, to provide more expansive views for park users and to minimize graffiti.
3. Removal of narrow informal dirt trail just east of the concrete barrier.
4. New landscaping using local species to support native habitat.
5. Installation of site accessories such as: bicycle racks, boulders, new seating, split rail fencing to protect habitat zones, and bollards at emergency entrances.
6. New trail head, wayfinding and interpretive signage.
7. Configuration adjustments to parking between peaks, with concrete ADA parking stall and new pavement striping.