The applicant, Canna Factory, LLC (“Canna Factory”, “Applicant”) is requesting a Major Use Permit, UP 22-23, for commercial cannabis cultivation at 17900 Cantwell Ranch Road, Lower Lake (APN: 049-290-01), as described below:
- One (1) A-Type 3 Outdoor License: Outdoor cultivation in greenhouses for adult-use cannabis using light deprivation techniques and no use of artificial light, up to an acre per license. The applicant proposes 0.93 acres [40,500 square feet (sq. ft.)] of commercial cannabis canopy area within an approximately 1.96 acre-cultivation area (85,000 sq. ft.).
- One (1) Type 13 Distribution license
The Proposed Project (“Project”) includes the development of facilities appurtenant to cultivation, including fifteen (15) 3,000 sq. ft. light-deprivation greenhouses within one fenced-in cultivation area, as shown in Figure 2, facilities for drying and curing of harvested cannabis, ancillary nursery, storage sheds, and appropriate irrigation infrastructure, including the following:
• Up to 40,500 sq. ft. of outdoor canopy area within a cultivation area of 85,000 sq. ft., within (15) 30’x100’ greenhouses for light-deprivation cannabis cultivation with approximately 3-foot of aisleways. (Note no supplemental lighting is proposed).
• Up to 5,032 sq. ft. of harvest storage and administrative hold area within an existing 68’x74’ (5,032 sq. ft.) barn (drying and processing would occur offsite)
• Ten (10) 5,000-gallon water storage tanks for irrigation (50,000 gallons total)
• A 6-8 ft. high security fence around the cultivation area, constructed of heavy gauge wire fence (or similar), with a steel gate and padlocks
• A drip irrigation system using water storage tank, valves and filters, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) piping, black poly tubing and drip emitters
• A proposed 25’ x 40’ (1,000 sq. ft.) shed for storage of cultivation materials (fertilizers, pesticides, bulk amendments, hand tools, etc.)
• Use of an existing PG&E service for electricity purposes
• A 25’ x 28’ compost area (700 sq. ft.)
• Parking, portable restrooms with hand washing stations, and trash enclosures will be provided within or adjacent to the fenced cultivation area
• One employee parking area with approximately 10 spaces including one ADA compliant space