California Department of Fish and Wildlife, North Central Region 2
Tahoe Keys Marina Maintenance Dredging (Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement EPIMS Notification No. ELD-34166-R2)
NOE - Notice of Exemption
The project consists of maintenance dredging to remove approximately thirteen thousand (13,000) cubic yards (cy) of accumulated sand and sediment within the Tahoe Keys Marina and Lake Tahoe to allow for safe passage of vessels into and exiting the marina and is limited to the following activities:
1) Use of a barge mounted dragline for dredging of a five hundred and forty (540) foot long by sixty (60) foot wide section of the east channel entrance to the marina extending landward from the shoreline of Lake Tahoe to a depth of six thousand two hundred and fifteen (6215) foot elevation Mean Sea Level (MSL).
2) Use of a barge mounted dragline for dredging of a triangular shaped section of the lakebed of Lake Tahoe approaching the east channel entrance to the marina. The triangular section of lakebed will consist of an area twenty (20) feet wide at the apex by eighty (80) feet wide at the base and will extend lakeward for one thousand four hundred (1,400) feet. This section will also be dredged to the same depth as the marina entrance channel.
3) All excavated sediments will be transferred to a hopper barge and then placed in an upland area away from Lake Tahoe or the marina waters to allow for dewatering.
4) The dredged sediments will then be transported offsite for placement at an approved disposal site.
5) Prior to initiation of dredging activities Aquatic Invasive Plant Species (AIS) surveys will be conducted and necessary AIS control activities will be initiated.