The project consists of leasing eight buildings on the grounds of Shasta College Campus. The buildings are needed to accommodate firefighter training.
The total square footage to be leased is approximately 380,797 and consists of the following:
• 5000 Building (3,166 sf) – Building includes classroom, restroom, small conference room, and multiple offices for staff.
• North Parking Lot (87,195 sf) – Large open area to conduct Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (2 acres) and 70 parking spaces.
• Fire Training Grounds (163,471 sf) – Fire Training Grounds to conduct training for 48 students including use of water.
• Kitchen and Dining area (4,738 sf) – Will be used to feed students and staff.
• Gymnasium (17,0561 sf) – Use of gym for physical fitness training.
• Weight Room (10,500 sf) – For weightlifting training.
• Apparatus Bay and Shop (2,400 sf) – To be used for vehicle and equipment repairs.
• Theater (16,000 sf) – To be used for graduations as necessary.
Approximately 70 personnel and students would be involved in the firefighter training activities that would occur for 44 weeks a year.