The applicant requests approval of a Vesting Tentative Map to subdivide an approximately 50,032 square-foot lot into two (2) parcels (“Parcel A” and “Parcel B”). Parcel A would have an area of 23,220 square feet, while Parcel B would have an area of 26,812 square feet. An existing single-family residence in the area of proposed Parcel A would remain on that parcel. If approved, proposed Parcel B may be developed with a single-family residence, or other permitted uses within the R-20 Single-Family Residential Land Use District. In addition to the proposed subdivision, the project consists of the following elements:
• Public Roadway Dedication: The project would dedicate frontage along Tice Valley Boulevard the accommodate the necessary ultimate half-width of Tice Valley Boulevard, which is planned to be a 64-foot-wide roadway within an 84-foot right-of-way.
• Private Access Improvements: The subject property is bounded to the north by Tice Valley Boulevard, a publicly maintained roadway, and to the east by Castle Hill Ranch Road, a private roadway. Proposed Parcel A would continue to utilize existing access via a driveway fronting Tice Valley Boulevard at the northwest corner of the subject property. The project proposes a new driveway fronting Castle Hill Ranch Road to serve Parcel B.
• Storm Drain Improvements: The project includes approximately 132 linear feet of 18” storm drain along northerly portions of proposed Parcels A & B, extending offsite approximately 400 feet west within the Tice Valley Boulevard right-of-way and discharging within the Tice Creek Crossing. All proposed storm drain improvements would be located within the Tice Valley Boulevard right-of-way upon the County’s acceptance of frontage dedicated in connection with this project.
• Service Connections for Utilities: The subject property is presently served by existing water and sanitary sewer mains located within the Tice Valley Boulevard and Castle Hill Ranch Road rights-of-way. The project proposes a 10-foot sanitary sewer easement across Parcel B for the existing sanitary sewer service connection presently serving an existing residence in the area of proposed Parcel A. The project proposes new water and sanitary sewer service connections for Parcel B located along the existing mains located within the Castle Hill Ranch Road private right-of-way.
Electrical service is available to the subject property via existing overhead utility poles along both frontages of the subject property. Electrical service for proposed parcel B would be extended underground from existing utility lines within the abutting rights-of-way. Additionally, the project would relocate existing overhead utility lines along the project frontage underground, with the exception of those utility poles at both ends of the parcels where there are intersections with perpendicular distribution lines – which would remain.
• Tree Impacts: Tree permit approval is requested for the removal of eight code protected trees that are in declining health. Additionally, the project proposes dripline encroachment for an additional ten code-protected trees in connection with the proposed access and storm drain improvements associated with this project.