R-E-1AC (Rural Exclusive, maximum one dwelling unit to the acre) and P-L (Public, Quasi-public and Institutional Lands and Facilities)
The project applicant proposes to construct a new 58,412 square foot (SF), 27 to 42-foot-tall medical office building, having a split level amongst two stories with a mechanical rooftop screened with mansard roofing. The medical building will accommodate patient rooms, treatment services, office area for staff and physicians, conference/consultation rooms, lounge and general storage and utility areas. Two hundred thirty-three (233) parking spaces are proposed with primary access off Rolling Oaks Drive, requiring reconfiguration of the existing drive and a secondary access accommodated off Los Padres Drive. The project will provide 14 percent landscape coverage (17,104 SF), providing enhanced perimeter landscape treatment. Development of the project would result in demolition of all remaining improvements on the vacant lot, grading on slopes steeper than 25 percent, and removal and replacement of 14 of 33 protected trees on site.
In compliance with Senate Bill 330 and California’s “No Net Loss” statute, a General Plan Amendment from Institutional to Very Low Residential and Zone Change from Public, Quasi-public and institutional Lands and Facilities (PL) to Residential Planned Development, maximum 4.5 dwelling units per acre (RPD-4.5U) at the site located at 355 West Janss Road within the City (APN 522-0270-135) (“Receiving Property”) is concurrently requested to ensure no net loss of residential zoning capacity would occur from approval of the Project and the Requested Actions. There is no development concept or project proposed for the property at 355 West Janss Road at this time.
The proposed project would require the following entitlements:
• General Plan Amendment (2022-70587-LU): to change the Land Use Element category designations from Very Low Density Residential to Commercial for a 4.75-acre site located at 400 East Rolling Oaks Drive and from Institutional to Low Density Residential for a 2.145-acre site located at 355 West Janss Road.
• Zone Change (2022-70733-Z): to change the zoning designation of 400 East Rolling Oaks Drive from R-E-1AC (Rural Exclusive, maximum one dwelling unit to the acre) to C-O (Commercial Office), and 355 West Janss Road from P-L (Public, Quasi-public and Institutional Lands and Facilities) to RPD-4.5U (Residential Planned Development, maximum 4.5 dwelling units to the acre).
• Development Permit (2022-70732-DP): to allow the construction and use of the facility.
• Parcel Map Waiver (2022-70736-PMW): to merge APNs 681-0-180-275 and 681-0180-265 into one lot.
• Protected Tree Permit (2022-70735-PTP): for encroachment and removal of protected trees (approx. 14 trees would be removed and replaced 3:1).
• Landscape Plan Check (LPC-2023-70008): for landscape conformance review.
California Air Resources Board (ARB), California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE), California Department of Parks and Recreation, California Department of Transportation, Division of Aeronautics (DOT), California Department of Transportation, Division of Transportation Planning (DOT), California Department of Water Resources (DWR), California Highway Patrol (CHP), California Natural Resources Agency, California Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD), California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Los Angeles Region 4 (RWQCB), California Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy (SMMC), Department of Toxic Substances Control, Office of Historic Preservation, California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC), California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5 (CDFW), California Department of Transportation, District 7 (DOT)
State Reviewing Agency Comments
California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC), California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5 (CDFW), California Department of Transportation, District 7 (DOT)
Office (Sq. Ft. 58000, Acres 1.331, Employees 40), Water Facilities (CalAm)(Type Municipal, MGD 0.000833)
General Plan Amendment, Rezone, Use Permit
Aesthetics, Agriculture and Forestry Resources, Air Quality, Biological Resources, Cultural Resources, Drainage/Absorption, Flood Plain/Flooding, Geology/Soils, Growth Inducement, Hazards & Hazardous Materials, Hydrology/Water Quality, Land Use/Planning, Mineral Resources, Noise, Population/Housing, Public Services, Recreation, Schools/Universities, Septic System, Sewer Capacity, Solid Waste, Transportation, Vegetation, Wetland/Riparian, Wildfire
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents.
To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.
For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.