Reasons for Exemption
The project involves the division of land into four or fewer parcels in which no new construction is proposed. Consistent with the qualifications for a Class 15 exemption, the project/site:
? Is consistent with the General Plan and Zoning;
? Does not require a variance or exception;
? Has all services and access to the proposed parcels available and to local
? Was not involved in a division of a larger parcel within the previous 2 years; and,
? Does not have an average slope greater than 20 percent. For these reasons, there is no possibility that the activity in question may have a significant impact on the environment and is therefore exempt from the provisions of CEQA. Section 15300.2-Exceptions Section 15300.2 of the CEQA Guidelines, Exceptions, provides conditions under which categorical exemptions are inapplicable. Review of the Project indicates that it will not violate any of the exceptions, as described in the following section.
1. The project will occur in certain specified sensitive environments or locations;
The project proposes to split a 1.2-acre lot that already contains 2 single-family dwellings. No other development is proposed. The project will not impact specified sensitive environments or locations.
2. Cumulative impacts will be considerable because successive projects of the same type will occur at the same place overtime; No cumulative impacts will result from the Project and successive projects of the same type.
3. There is a reasonable possibility that the activity will have a significant effect on the
environment due to unusual circumstances; There are no unusual circumstances that will have a significant effect on the environment.
4. The project may result in damage to scenic resources, including but not limited to trees, historic buildings, rock outcroppings, or similar resources within a highway officially designated as a scenic highway; The proposed project will split a lot containing 2 existing single-family dwellings. The project site contains trees; however, the project does not propose development and will not impact trees or other scenic resources.
5. The project is located on a site which is included on any list compiled pursuant to Section 65962.5 of the Government Code; or The Project site is not included on any list compiled pursuant to Section 65962.5 of the Government Code. Therefore, the Project will not have an impact related to being located
on a hazardous waste site.
6. The project may cause a substantial adverse change in the significance of a historic resource. The project will not impact historical resources.