The proposed Project will consist of two phases. Phase 1 will address the mitigation of the fluoride violation for exceeding the maximum contaminant levels, and Phase 2 will consist of the annexation of the Krista Mutual Water Company (KMWC) into Lebec County Water District (LCWD).
Phase 1 will consist of the following items
1. Pipeline connection to LCWD from the end of the LCWD main north along Lebec Road to the KMWC well site.
2. Replacement of existing of existing LCWD pipelines in Lebec Road and Circle Drive. The existing lines are prone to leaking and need to be replaced to provide a reliable source of low fluoride water to KMWC.
3. Addition of a water storage tank at an existing LCWD tank site south of Circle Drive.
4. Blending and booster pump station to blend the higher fluoride water from the KMWC well with the lower fluoride water from LCWD and pump the water up to the KMWC storage tanks.
In order to comply with the Annexation requirements from LCWD Phase 2 will consist of the following items
1. Replacement/rehabilitation of existing KMWC distribution pipelines within Los Padres Estates inside existing rights of way.
2. Remove three of the four KMWC water storage tanks and replace them with a single tank within the boundary of the existing tank site.
The proposed activities as identified in the project description will utilize existing disturbed road right-of-way, upgrading existing facilities with completed developed and/or disturbed land, and the installation of new facilities in previously disturbed area. These activities are necessary for the water provided to the affected communities to meet current standards of public health and safety.