California Department of Fish and Wildlife, North Central Region 2
Pier Extension and Boulder Relocation (Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement EPIMS Notification No. PLA-28394-R2)
NOE - Notice of Exemption
The project is limited to the following:
1) Removal of four existing pier pilings
2) Driving of eighteen (18), ten and three-quarter (10 ¾) inch diameter, steel pilings into the lakebed using barge mounted equipment.
3) Driving two (2) H-style pilings into the lakebed for relocation of an existing boatlift and
installation of a second boatlift. Pile driving will be by means of barge mounted equipment.
4) Relocation of an existing adjustable catwalk on the pier to the new pierhead.
5) Extension of the existing pier with a sixty-eight (68) foot long by fifteen (15) foot wide pier head.
6) Installation of stairs on both sides of the landward end of the pier to allow for public crossing and ensure public access to the lakeshore.
7) Nine (9) square feet of fish habitat enhancement.
8) Relocation of multiple large boulders on the lakebed that currently pose a significant risk to navigation. Boulders will be relocated by means of a barge mounted excavator or crane equipped with a sling, and a dive team to guide the loading and final placement of the boulders.