The SR 99 McFarland and Delano project would enhance and beautify SR 99 running through the Cities of MacFarland and Delano by:
• Creation of a new pedestrian trail system along freeway for both NB and SB frontage roads between Garces Hwy and Cecil Ave.
• Benches, trash receptacles, art installations, etc. to be installed along trail system
• Reconstruction of right of way fence closer to mainline to allow trail system to be located within unfenced right of way.
• Provide Irrigation retrofit to support existing planting.
• Install gore paving or stain treatment on existing gore paving, slope paving beneath bridges and planting rehabilitation and irrigation repairs along the mainline in McFarland.
Purpose and Need:
The purpose of this project is to beautify and enhance the highway environment on both the mainline and local streets of the cities of MacFarland and Delano. In the city of Delano this project promotes active lifestyle through the creation of a new pedestrian trail system. In the city of McFarland, this project meets the visual aesthetic needs for the travelling public and the local pedestrians, and bicyclists.