Reasons for Exemption
1. The project is a minor action designed to prevent, minimize, stabilize, mitigate or eliminate the release or threat of release of hazardous waste or hazardous substances.
2. The project will not exceed $1 million in cost.
3. The project does not involve the onsite use of a hazardous waste incinerator or thermal treatment unit or the relocation of residences or businesses and does not involve the potential release into the air of volatile organic compounds as defined in Health and Safety Code Section 25123.6 (except a small scale in-situ soil vapor
extraction and treatment system which have been permitted by the local Air Pollution Control District or Air Quality Management District).
4. The project is consistent with applicable state and local environmental permitting requirements including, but not limited to, off-site disposal, air quality rules such as those governing volatile organic compounds and water quality standards and approved by the regulatory body with jurisdiction over the site. Prior to implementing field activities, all necessary permits will be obtained from SCAQMD.
5. The exceptions pursuant to Cal. Code Regs., title 14, § 15300.2 have been addressed as follows:
(a) Cumulative Impact. The project will not result in cumulative impacts because it is designed to be a short-term final remedy that would not lead to a succession of projects of the same type in the same place over time.
(b)Significant Effect: The environmental safeguards and monitoring procedures that are enforceable and made a condition of project approval will prevent unusual circumstances from occurring so that there is no possibility that the project will have a significant effect on the environment.
(c)Scenic Highways. The project will not damage scenic resources, including but not limited to, trees, historic buildings, rock outcroppings, or similar resources, because it is not located within a highway officially designated historic as a state scenic highway.
(d)Hazardous Waste Sites. The project is not located on a site which is included on any list compiled pursuant to Section 65962.5 of the Government Code.
(e)Historical Resources. The project will not cause a substantial adverse change in the significance of a historical resource at the Site because there are none at the Site.