Reasons for Exemption
The project consists of the construction of a new small structure (mobile home), and is therefore is exempt from the provisions of CEQA.
Section 15300.2 of the CEQA Guidelines, Exceptions, provides conditions under which categorical exemptions are inapplicable. Review of the Project indicates that it will not violate any of the exceptions, as described in the following section.
1. The project will occur in certain specified sensitive environments or locations;
The Project is the temporary locating of a mobile home in an area of agricultural residential development. No sensitive habitats occur on the property. Because the use permit is for a temporary mobile home, no permanent impacts to the property’s potential for future farming activities would occur.
2. Cumulative impacts will be considerable because successive projects of the same type will occur at the same place overtime;.
The Project will not be expected to result in significant cumulative environmental impacts. As it stands, the Project will not result in potentially significant impacts. Therefore, no cumulative impacts will result from the Project and successive projects of the same type and at the same place over time.
3. There is a reasonable possibility that the activity will have a significant effect on the environment due to unusual circumstances;
There are no known unusual circumstances that will have a significant effect on the environment. The project will involve limited earthwork to support construction of the temporary mobile home.
4. The project may result in damage to scenic resources, including but not limited to trees, historic buildings, rock outcroppings, or similar resources within a highway officially designated as a scenic highway;
The Project is not located in the vicinity of a highway officially designated as a scenic highway. Therefore, the project will not result in damage to scenic resources or similar resources within a highway that is officially designated as a scenic highway.
5. The project is located on a site which is included on any list compiled pursuant to Section 65962.5 of the Government Code; or
The Project site is not included on any list compiled pursuant to Section 65962.5 of the Government Code. Therefore, the Project will not have an impact related to being located on a hazardous waste site.
6. The project may cause a substantial adverse change in the significance of a historic resource.The project site does not contain any historical resources.