The project involves implementation of a specific plan that would allow for the development of a three to six-story mixed-use building with a 6.5-level parking structure in the core, 1 level of subterranean parking, ground-floor retail and residential uses, and residential uses in floors two through six on a 2.85-acre site. The building is a wrap-style with parking levels extending all floors interior to the building. The project would allow for the development of up to 5,730 square feel of ground floor retail space, 255 apartment units, 1,750 square feet of lobby & leasing office, 17,010 square feet of rooftop pool/community recreation, 28,770 square feet of ground-level open space, and 190,000 square feet of parking, consistent with the building envelope established in the specific plan. Development standards and design standards are defined in the specific plan. Implementation of the project requires a General Plan amendment, zone code amendment, zone reclassification, conditional use permit, and approval of a Specific Plan.
On January 24, 2023, the City Council approved the proposed project and took the following actions:
• Adoption of resolution for Conditional Use Permit No. 746
• Adoption of resolution for Zone Reclassification No. 325
• Adoption of resolution for Zone Code Amendment No. 187
• Adoption of resolution for General Plan Amendment No. 57
• Adoption of the Mitigated Negative Declaration and Mitigation Monitoring Reporting Program in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act pursuant to section 15063 of the CEQA guidelines.