Reasons for Exemption
1. The project is a minor action designed to prevent, minimize, stabilize, mitigate, or eliminate the release or threat of
release of hazardous waste or hazardous substances.
2. The project will not exceed $1 million in cost.
3. The project will be consistent with applicable State and local environmental permitting requirements including a BAAQMD various locations permit to operate along with drilling and well permits from the Alameda County Water District.
4. The project does not involve the onsite use of a hazardous waste incinerator or thermal treatment unit.
5. The project does not involve the relocation of residences or businesses.
6. The project does not involve the potential release into the air of volatile organic compounds as defined in Health and Safety Code Section 25123. (Authority to Construct/Permit to Operate for soil excavation activities will be obtained from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD), as required, and including any requirements for compliance with Regulation 6 (fugitive dust)).
7. The exceptions pursuant to California Code Regulations, Title 14 § 15300.2 have been addressed as follows:
a. Cumulative Impact. The project will not result in cumulative impacts because it is designed to be a short-term final remedy that would not lead to a succession of projects of the same type in the same place over time.
b. Significant Effect. The project does not involve any unusual circumstances so that there is no possibility that the project will have a significant effect on the environment.
c. Scenic Highways. The project will not damage scenic resources, including but not limited to, trees, historic buildings, rock outcroppings, or similar resources, because it is not located within a highway officially designated as a state scenic highway.
d. Hazardous Waste Sites. The project is not located on a site which is included on any list complied pursuant to Section 65962.5 of the Government Code. (http://calepa.ca.gov/sitecleanup/corteselist/default.htm)
e. Historical Resources. The project will not cause the substantial adverse change in the significance of an historical resource at the Site because there are none at the Site.