Install new fiber optics, electricity and pay stations to the Gold Bluffs Beach kiosk and campground in Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park to expedite emergency services response time, allow for communication with the reservation system, and provide a convenient fee payment option for visitors. Work will:
• Use hand tools and heavy equipment to excavate, a 2.5 foot deep by 1.5-foot-wide trench for a total length of approximately 12,210 feet, under and alongside the existing road alignment;
• Install electrical and fiber optic conduit into the trench and pull necessary electrical and fiber optic wiring;
• Install one (1) street-rated junction box approximately every 500 feet along the trench alignment (total of up to 25 junction boxes);
• At the kiosk, excavate up to 8 inches to pour 1,450 square feet of concrete for a 12 foot by 5-foot concrete slab and accessible path-of-travel;
• Set a new pay station on the new concrete slab and install an additional pay station at the campground, near the existing accessible parking space; and
• Place excavated soils from trenching and other work back into the trench and compacted or excess soil materials will be spread on-site.