This project proposes the establishment of a temporary facility to house the apparatus equipment and crew of the Rincon FS until the replacement of the existing fire station is completed. To accomplish this project the following activities will be required:
• Establishment of overhead electrical connection requiring excavation of 4 pole holes 20-inches wide by 30-inches in depth, placement of poles and backfill with spoils spread on site.
• Minor leveling of approximately 1/3 acre of land requiring less than 12-inches of cut or fill.
• Placement of approximately 100-feet of boxed above ground water line.
• Placement of approximately 100 yards of ¾-inch crushed rock on driveway approach and parking area to be spread to 4-inch depth covering approximately 8,000 square foot of surface area.
• Placement of 28-foot wide by 60-foot-long temporary crew quarters and 24-foot wide by 25-foot-long temporary office building to be set on temporary pier supports.
• Placement of four compartment self-contained above ground septic holding system.
• Placement of 12-foot wide by 35-foot-long apparatus shade structure to be secured with driven pins.
All work will take place on private owned lands leased to CAL FIRE and will be performed by local Unit CAL FIRE Staff using hand tools and CAL FIRE owned skid steer tractor. The Temporary Rincon FS is located at 16160 Hwy 76, in the community of Rincon California. The location is bordered by a USPS station on the south and a community church on the north with open fields to the east and west. This general area consists light commercial, agricultural operations, isolated residences and ranches scattered throughout the area.