The project will provide a new campus building on the site of an existing surface parking lot on the east side of Jacaranda Hall. The buildable site area is approximately 60,000 square feet (sf) and the new two-story building would be less than 50 feet tall. The primary building entry would be located off of Jacaranda Walk near its intersection with East University Drive and Lindley Avenue. In addition, the project will include site improvements such as outdoor gathering and seating areas, shade trees and landscaping. The project will provide the necessary accessible paths of travel to the new facility as well as maintain or improve access to existing adjacent buildings, parking areas, open spaces and public edges. The proposed building would be built to the standards of IIA Type (Title 24) construction per the California Building Code. Construction is anticipated to start in January 2023 and would occur over an approximately 18-month period.
This Notice of Determination is to advise that the Board of Trustees of the California State University, as the lead agency, has approved the above-described Project on May 25, 2022, and has made the following determinations regarding the Project:
1. The California State University, Northridge Global HSI Equity Innovation Hub project will benefit the California State University.
2. A Mitigated Negative Declaration for the California State University, Northridge, Global HSI Equity Innovation Hub was prepared in accordance with the requirements of the California Environmental Quality Act and finalized in April 2022.
3. The project before this board is consistent with the project described and analyzed in the Mitigated Negative Declaration.
4. Applicable mitigation measures shall be implemented, monitored, and reported in accordance with the requirements of the California Environmental Quality Act (Public Resources Code, Section 21081.6)
5. The schematic plans for the California State University, Global HSI Equity Innovation Hub are approved at a project cost of $49,918,000 at CCCI 7528.
This is to certify that the Mitigated Negative Declaration is available to the General Public online at: https://www.csun.edu/facilities