The Project is a City-initiated request for approval of a General Plan Amendment, two General Development Plan Amendments, and two Rezones to change the land use designations and zoning of eight parcels in the northwestern area of Rocklin to accommodate high density residential development, consistent with the recently certified City of Rocklin Housing Element 2021-2029. These modifications are required in order to comply with the City’s Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA).
Specifically, the project is requesting approval of the following entitlements:
• General Plan Amendment (GPA2021-0005) to change the land use of Assessor Parcel Numbers (APNs) 017-281-016 and 017-284-015 from Light Industrial (LI) to Mixed Use (MU) and of APNs 365-020-067 through -072 from Business Park/Commercial/Light Industrial (BP/COMM/LI) to High Density Residential (HDR);
• General Development Plan Amendment (PDG2021-0004) to amend the Stanford Ranch General Development Plan to add the Mixed Use 24 Units Per Acre Minimum (MU-24+) zoning district.
• General Development Plan Amendment (PDG2021-0005) to amend the Sunset West General Development Plan to add the Residential 24 Units Per Acre Minimum (PD-R24+) zoning district.
• Rezone (Z2021-0003) of APNs 017-281-016 and 017-284-015 from Planned Development Industrial Park (PD-IP) to Mixed Use 24 Units Per Acre Minimum (MU-24+).
• Rezone (Z2021-0004) of APNs 365-020-067 through -072 from Planned Development Business Park/Commercial/Light Industrial (PD-BP/C/LI) to Residential 24 Units Per Acre Minimum (PD-R24+).
This project does not include a specific development proposal, and as such it will not directly result in any construction activities or a direct physical change in the environment.