The Well 201 Project includes the addition of GAC treatment to an existing well site with existing treatment for perchlorate. The existing site includes a well with 300 hp vertical turbine well pump (in a sound enclosure), four (4) bag filters, two (2) 12-ft. diameter ion exchange vessels in lead-lag configuration, one (1) 200 hp horizontal split-case booster pump. The existing site is enclosed (side and roof) in a slatted chain-link fence and masonry wall. The proposed project includes the addition of:
• Up to 2 (two) lead-lag trains of GAC vessels (4 vessels total), with two valve trees to connect the feed water inlet, treated water outlet, backwash in/out and to configure the vessels in lead-lag operations (each train includes one (1) valve tree). All valves on the valve tree are manual valves. Pressure and differential pressure instrumentation on the valve tree is included. Each vessel includes a pressure relief valve with a limit switch. Each GAC Vessel is 12-ft. in diameter, with a height of 26’ to CL of top inlet pipe.
• New 300 hp well pump with operating point of 2,000 gpm at 450 ft. TDH.
• One (1) backwash tank with a capacity of approximately 50,000 gallons, 20-ft. diameter and 19-ft. height.
• Two backwash pumps (including 1 standby), horizontal split-case, each with a 30 hp motor and pipeline to connect backwash waste to the sanitary sewer.
• Modulating flow control valve on the treated water header.
• New piping, valving, and instrumentation to connect the VOC treatment system into the existing treatment.