Replace two (2) existing modular office buildings with a single new larger modular office building in Folsom Lake State Recreation Area to provide office space for the Folsom Sector Public Safety staff and additional space for the Folsom Sector Maintenance staff. The new building is approximately 7,680 square feet and will be placed adjacent to the location of the existing buildings on previously disturbed ground. Work will:
• Remove two (2) existing modular buildings, various associated storage sheds, existing asphalt parking, an access road, and one large non-native hackberry tree;
• Excavate a 1040 foot by 48 inch by 32 inch trench for the fire water line, 184 foot by 58 inch by 28 inch trench for the sewer line, and 121 foot by 32 inch by 26 inch trench for the water line;
• Excavate an approximately 8,000 square feet area and pour a 60 foot by 129 foot by 6 inch concrete slab for the new modular building, and then set the new modular building;
• Pave for an expanded parking lot with ADA compliant parking spaces and an access road; and
• Install a concrete ADA compliant ramp and concrete staircases for the new building as well as accessible concrete walkways between parking and the building entrance.
The department will adhere to guidance and framework issued by US Fish and Wildlife Service to avoid or minimize impact to the Valley Elderberry Longhorn Beetle’s habitat.