Type, Section or Code
Class 30, Categorical Exemption Cal. Code Regs., Title 14, §15330
Reasons for Exemption
1. The project is a minor action designed to prevent, minimize, stabilize, mitigate, or
eliminate the release or threat of release of hazardous waste or hazardous
2. The project will not exceed $1 million in cost.
3. The project will be consistent with applicable State and local environmental
4. The project does not involve the onsite use of a hazardous waste incinerator or
thermal treatment unit.
5. The project does not involve the relocation of residences or businesses.
6. The project does not involve the potential release into the air of volatile organic
compounds as defined in Health and Safety Code Section 25123. (Exception:
Small-scale in situ soil vapor extraction and treatment systems which have been
permitted by the local Air Pollution Control District or Air Quality Management
7. The exceptions pursuant to California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section
15300.2 have been addressed as follows:
a. Cumulative Impact. The project will not result in cumulative impacts
because it is designed to be a short-term final remedy that would not lead
to a succession of projects of the same type in the same place over time.
b. Significant Effect. The environmental safeguards and monitoring
procedures that are enforceable and made a condition of project approval
will prevent unusual circumstances from occurring so that there is no
possibility that the project will have a significant effect on the environment.
c. Scenic Highways. The project will not damage scenic resources, including
but not limited to, trees, historic buildings, rock outcroppings, or similar
resources, because it is not located within a highway officially designated as
a state scenic highway.
d. Hazardous Waste Sites. The project is not located on a site which is
included on any list compiled pursuant to Section 65962.5 of the
e. Historical Resources. The project will not cause a substantial adverse
change in the significance of a historical resource at the Site because there
are none at the Site.