Reasons for Exemption
The project, as described above, is “Pedestrian and bicycle facilities, including new facilities” as defined under Public Resources Code 21080.25(b)(1). Pursuant to Public Resources Code Section 21080.25(c), the project meets the following requirements:
• A public agency is carrying out the project and is the Lead Agency for the project.
• The project is located in an urbanized area.
• The project is located on or within an existing public right-of-way.
• The project does not add physical infrastructure that increases new automobile capacity.
• The project does not require the demolition of affordable housing units.
• The project cost is less than $100,000,000 and, therefore, not subject to additional requirements.
In addition to the above requirements of subsection (c), pursuant to Public Resources Code 21080.25(d), the Lead Agency has certified the project will be completed by a skilled and trained workforce in accordance with Chapter 2.9 (commencing with Section 2600) of Part 1 of Division 2 of the Public Contract Code.
For these reasons, the project meets all of the requirements for a Statutory Exemption under Public Resources Code Section 21080.25 and the project is exempt from environmental review under CEQA.