Implement forest thinning and fuel reduction treatments on 61 acres, install/repair two (2) fire road gates, and maintain 2.2 miles of fire road to: protect life and property from wildfire threats, protect/promote large trees, promote vegetative/ structural diversity, maintain the ski runs at Plumas Ski Bowl, and reduce hazardous fire fuels around the Plumas Ski Parking Lot at Plumas Eureka State Park. Work will include the use of heavy equipment (i.e. masticators) and hand crews.
• Mechanically thin 11 acres of forest (overlap with mastication treatment area): remove logs and chipped slash, build burn piles, and burn piles.
• Masticate 61 acres of brush and forest slash (including forest thinning area): on ski runs, near facilities, and residual vegetative debris left from forest thinning.
• All trees designated for removal will be marked with paint under the supervision of a California Registered Professional Forester (RPF).
• Replace one (1) gate at the start of North Road to the Ski Lodge from Ski Parking Lot and install one (1) new gate at start of Ski Lift Access Road near the end of Eureka Lake Road.
* Use an excavator to dig six (6) holes 3’ deep by 2’ wide (three (3) holes at each gate x two (2) gates).
• Perform maintenance on 2.2 miles of State Park fire road: conduct (as needed) the following types of road maintenance within the existing road prism: crown, out-slope, rock surface, improve inboard ditches/rolling dips, etc.
• All road maintenance will be conducted under the supervision of the District Engineering Hydrologist/ Geomorphologist.