Improve access to existing day use and camping facilities at Henry W. Coe State Park to bring the trails into compliance with California State Parks accessibility guidelines and associated legal mandates. Work will:
At Campsite #3 in the Coe Ranch Campground:
- Parking and path of travel to restrooms will also be improved.
- Remove asphalt and pour a new concrete accessible parking stall and camp spur adjacent to restrooms.
- Improve access to trash receptacles and construct a new water spigot adjacent to the new concrete paving.
- Install a new picnic pad and shade ramada, fire pit and tent pad; and
- Construct a new split rail fence along the perimeter adjacent to the camp road for safety purposes.
At Campsite #19 in the Coe Ranch Campground:
Remove extended aggregate concrete parking spur and install a new smaller concrete parking stall.
Install a new picnic pad with shade ramada, fire pit, tent pad and water station; and
Remove vegetation as needed and install a new aggregate path between site #19 and the existing
concrete apron around restrooms.
At the Visitor Center Parking and Routes:
- Remove the existing asphalt-paved ADA parking stall with a new concrete-surfaced ADA parking stall.
- Remove and replace the path of travel from parking to the Visitor Center (VC) entrance with a new concrete route that incorporates level landings for drinking fountain, kiosk and bench seating.
- Install a new drinking fountain, bench and kiosk; and
Construct a new trailhead at the to identify the start of the Live Oak Trail and install
signage and staging.
On the Live Oak Trail:
- General trail upgrades will include tread improvements/ maintenance
- Install one new puncheon bridge.
- Replace any failing wood retaining walls and armored crossings.
- Remove and replace collapsed culverts with bridges and armored crossings in order to improve drainage; and
- Update one (1) parking stall at the Visitor Center to accommodate trailhead-parking needs.
At the Overflow Parking Area:
- Extend the Live Oak Trail around the outside perimeter, delineate with boulders to separate auto from pedestrian use.
- Install three (3) picnic tables and one (1) bench in an area under a large oak tree.
- Install aggregate fill as needed for minor leveling; and
- Extend the Live Oak Trail to an existing accessible vault toilet on the northwest side of the lot.