Reasons for Exemption
1. The project is a minor cleanup action to be taken to prevent, minimize, stabilize, mitigate, or eliminate the release or threat of release of a hazardous waste and substance.
2. The project is a removal action costing $1 million or less.
3. The project will not be located on a site which is included on any list compiled pursuant to Cal. Gov. Code 65962.5 (http://calepa.ca.gov/sitecleanup/corteselist/default.htm)
4. The project will not have a significant effect on the environment due to unusual circumstances.
5. The project will not result in damage to scenic resources, including but not limited to, trees, historic buildings, rock outcroppings, or similar resources, within a highway officially designated as a state scenic highway.
6. The project will not cause a substantial adverse change in the significance of a historical resource.
7. The project will not require onsite use of a hazardous waste incinerator or thermal treatment unit.
8. The project will not require the relocation of residences or businesses.
9. The project will not involve the potential release into the air of volatile organic compounds as defined in Health and Safety Code section 25123.6. (The potential sub-slab depressurization system will require obtaining a permit from the South Coast Air Quality Management District).
10. The cumulative impact of successive projects of the same type on the same place, over time, if there are any, will not be significant.
11. The project will be consistent with applicable State and local environmental permitting requirements.