California State Water Board Statewide Anadromous Waterbodies Bioaccumulation Monitoring
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Marin Region 7 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- California State Water Board Statewide Anadromous Waterbodies Bioaccumulation Monitoring
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife is issuing a permit to Moss Landing Marine Laboratory – Marine Pollution Studies Lab (MLML) pursuant to Fish and Game Code Section 2081(a) to sample fish statewide for the California State Water Board Statewide Anadromous Waterbodies Bioaccumulation Monitoring. The Section 2081(a) permit authorizes the MLML to incidentally take Longfin Smelt, Coho Salmon, Chinook Salmon, and Steelhead Trout during the course of its sampling subject to terms and conditions set forth in the permit. The purpose of this assessment is to conduct bioaccumulation monitoring in fish and shellfish for the Surface Water Ambient Monitoring Program. Covered methods of take are limited to hook and line, beach seine, fish trap, bottom trawl, midwater trawl, cast net, gill net, and electrofishing.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
3637 Westwind Blvd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 791-4195
- Pacific Ocean
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Calif. Code Regs., Section 15306, Information Collection, Class 6
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project involves research and the collection of information pertaining to management and human health which will not result in a serious or major disturbance to Longfin Smelt (Spirinchus thaleichthys) a threatened species, Sacramento River spring run Chinook Salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha), a threatened species, Sacramento River winter run Chinook Salmon, an endangered species, Coho Salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch) south of Punta Gorda an endangered species, Coho Salmon north of Punta Gorda, a threatened species, and Northern California Summer Steelhead Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) a candidate species.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2081aMOU_Sigala_NOE_Sigala_210610 PDF 187 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.