Reintroduction of Mountain Yellow-legged frog (Rana muscosa) in Ramshaw Meadows, Tulare Co.
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Central Region 4 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Reintroduction of Mountain Yellow-legged frog (Rana muscosa) in Ramshaw Meadows, Tulare Co.
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project will reintroduce adult Mountain Yellow-legged frog (Rana muscosa Northern DPS) (MYLF) back into historically occupied habitat in Ramshaw Meadows. Adult MYLF will be collected from Mulkey Meadows and transported on foot carried directly to the lower end of Ramshaw Meadows where unoccupied high-quality habitat is present. The Year One collection target is 15 MYLF, and Year Two collection target will be 15-25 MYLF based on the monitoring of the donor and translocated populations, for a total of 30-40 MYLF. Both the donor and reintroduced populations will continue to be monitored utilizing Catch-Mark-Recapture techniques to determine the success of the recovery action to re-establish the Ramshaw population. MYLF is listed as Federally ESA (Endangered) and State CESA (Endangered). The project will result in population expansion and is a significant recovery action.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 250-5780
- Other Location Info
- Mulkey and Ramshaw Meadows, Golden Trout Wilderness, Inyo National Forest. Collection site in Mulkey at Lat 36.408740, Lon -118.162831. Reintroduction site in Ramshaw at Lat 36.351440, Lon -118.255086
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class 7; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15307
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Class 7 categorical exemption applies to proposed “actions by regulatory agencies for protection of natural resources” projects under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) (Pub. Resources Code, 21000 et seq.). The proposed project is an activity that falls within the Class 7 categorical exemption because it is a wildlife preservation activity of the State Department of Fish and Wildlife that is limited in scope and no serious or major disturbances to environmental resources are expected. The amphibian species benefited is MYLF, an ESA (Endangered) and CESA (Endangered) listed species. This project will result in the reestablishment of a historic population of MYLF and a significant recovery trend within their native range.
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE_Ramshaw_MYLF PDF 216 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.