The applicant seeks approval of a Land Use Permit to allow the construction of a new self-storage facility with seven buildings consisting of one-, two-, and three-story building elements, 64,090 square feet of building footprint area, and 80,539 square feet of floor area on an approximately 7.75-acre lot. The project also consists of a request for approval of a lot line adjustment to merge the three parcels that comprise the project site. Development of the buildings and other improvements will occur wholly within the approximately 4.59-acre area of the subject property designated in the County General Plan for Light Industrial (LI) uses. Access to the facility will be through a new driveway from the existing edge of pavement of Evora Road. No code-protected trees will be altered or removed as part of the project.
The project consists of the following elements:
• Seven self-storage buildings
o Building A: 5,184 square-foot, one-story building, with an office and 24 storage units,
o Building B: 4,782square-foot, one-story building with 21 storage units,
o Building C: 15,404 square-foot, two-story building with 114 storage units,
o Building D: 10,432 square-foot, one-story building with 87 storage units,
o Building E: 14,164 square-foot, one-story building with 91 storage units,
o Building F: 22,944 square-foot, three-story building with 166 storage units,
o Building G: 8,027 square-foot, one-story building with 43 storage units;
• One 130-square-foot wall sign installed on Building A facing Evora Road;
• Two bio-retention basins and fourteen flow-through planters for drainage;
• Four off-street parking spaces, including one ADA-compliant space, adjacent to the office in Building A;
• Interior driveways for access and loading at each building;
• Sidewalk, curb, roadway, and gutter improvements along the southern edge of Evora Road extending from the existing crosswalk and intersection at Mota Drive to the eastern boundary of the project site;
• Lighting installed on buildings for security;
• Grading resulting in the export of ±2,200 cubic yards of cut;
• Contra Costa Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) approval of an amendment to Delta Diablo’s Sphere of Influence (SOI), and annexations to Contra Costa Water District (CCWD) and Delta Diablo service areas, for the extension of water and sewer services to the project.
The proposed operating hours of the storage facility are:
• Office Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 AM to 5:00 P.M.
• Access Hours: Daily 7:00 A.M. and 9:00 P.M.
Customers would be provided with a gate code for access at-will during access hours.
In addition to the proposed project elements, the project proponent has identified an area of the property to be offered for potential use as public trail access to the Delta De Anza Regional Trail which runs adjacent to the subject property. The offered trail area and potential future trail connection are related to development of The Bay Church located west of the subject property (County File #CDDP91-03001) and is not related to nor required for this storage facility. Therefore, development of the trail area is not analyzed as part of the proposed project.